Friday 8 March 2013

Inspiring Wellness Success Stories 7

'I'm very happy, not only because of my health but also for the joy that I gave my children.'

Next up in our series of inspiring stories, a man who managed to stop smoking following his participation in our wellness programme.  

Proof that, as we always say, anything is possible with a wellness programme and even participants themselves can be pleasantly surprised or even amazed by what they're able to achieve.

Also a great illustration that a good wellness programme has benefits way beyond the participants and can touch family, friends, colleagues and enrich their lives also.

The date of the wellness programme you attended

Feb-May 2011

The lifestyle changes you made following programme
Stop smoking

The secrets of your success with wellness
The practice of sports, especially tennis

What advice that you received made the greatest impact on you?
To be careful with sugar and the importance of eating regularly to keep energy levels high

The biggest benefits of making your lifestyle changes?
Becoming healthier and more energized.

Anything that got in the way of success with wellness
The addiction of smoking was strong but I managed to quit smoking alone and without the aid of medicines.  I'm very happy, not only because of my health but also for the joy that I gave my children. 

When wellness is working for you, what are the key elements that make the difference? 
Getting to bed on time. Sleep a minimum of 7 hours. Practice of sport activities regularly. Be careful with what you eat

Read the previous instalment of our Inspiring wellness success stories

Image by mag3737 Flickr


No comments: