Thursday 28 November 2013

Six months = 35 Kilos Lighter: How wellness changed a life

Here's an Inspiring story if ever there was one.

In May this year I met a participant attending our wellness programme as part of his organisations leadership training.  Through the programme he came along to our presentations, fitness sessions, yoga classes and, along with the other participants on the programme, attended a short health assessment.

We met again during the concluding part of the programme earlier this month when I bumped into him in the gym before the programme had even begun.  This in itself was impressive as he'd told me in May that he wasn't a big fan of the gym.

When I saw him again it took me a moment to be sure it was him.  His weight loss in six months was dramatic but more than that he was walking taller and looked younger and happier.

During the closing module of the programme we re-measured his health assessment stats and confirmed that he had lost 35 kilos, reduced his blood pressure, lowered his resting heart rate, shed 11% of his body fat and improved his fitness levels beyond recognition.

But it's not just the numbers that are important here. He says he feels like a new man having made changes that he can explain better than me.

'Over the last 6-months I've steadily lost weight, dropped my heart rate at rest from 90 to 60 beats per minute and more than doubled my lung function.  I exercise 6 times a week but, most importantly, I'm happy to do this.  I want to get to the gym rather than feeling forced to go.  I've changed my approach to eating but the process has been about even more than losing weight and being fit.  It has given me huge confidence that if I can do this I can do anything.'

He added, 'Thanks for the inspiring tips, it really changed my life.  This is the beginning and now it's all about sustaining it and I WILL.'

We love results like this.  If you'd like us to help your colleagues change their lives with some inspiration and simple healthy choices, please get in touch.

Image by RubenPS Flickr

1 comment:

Amit said...

Very inspiring