Thursday 9 May 2013

Inspiring Wellness Success Stories 14


Our latest story of success during and following one of our corporate wellness programmes describes how a willingness to experiment with simple lifestyle changes has led to a virtuous circle of increased energy levels and decreased stress.

Yet another great example of how including wellbeing initiatives on a leadership programme can improve the professional and personal lives of participants for years.  In this case 5 years and counting of life simply being better.

Here’s how this was achieved.

The date of the programme you attended
  •       Autumn 2008 

The lifestyle changes you made during programme :
  •       I attended yoga classes for the first time
  •       I changed my habit for breakfast
  •       I drank more water and fewer fizzy drinks
  •       I ate nuts, fruits during the breaks
  •       I did some meditation
  •       I took care about myself by having some fun with friends, by going out, I let go of some stress

The lifestyle changes you made following programme
  •       I have attended yoga classes, once a week ever since the programme
  •       I found the energy to address stress levels
  •       I am jogging twice a week
  •       I drink more water and green tea
  •       I eat more fruit, vegetable and fish
  •       I eat more times during the day but eat smaller portions
  •       I eat less chocolate and drink less cola
  •       I have a healthy breakfast
  •       I pay attention to getting to bed on time and relax before
  •       I manage some free time to do sport, music, read, relax 

The secrets of your success with wellbeing
  •       The willingness to apply changes and experiment with wellbeing 

The biggest benefits of making your lifestyle changes?
  •       Getting more energy to act and make change happen (a virtuous circle)
  •       I am now able to manage my stress and balance private and professional life 



Image by Flickr: Oscar D

No comments: