Friday 22 February 2013

Inspiring wellness success stories 3


Next up in our series, a guy who has lost 25+kg over the last 2 years and has more energy, much to the benefit of himself and his family.  Here's how he did it:

The date of your wellbeing programme:
Nov 2010 & Jan 2011

The lifestyle changes you made during programme:
Diet: avoid too much sugar, eat little and often, drink water throughout the day and stopped drinking sugary drinks

Exercise: Vary the running

The lifestyle changes you made following programme
Kept up with the diet elements as above, and have cut down on drinking (its taken a while!).  Exercise wise – kept up with varied running techniques (c. 25k a week), do stretching, weights, skipping sessions and min 60 press-ups a day (I could not do one when I was on the programme!)

The lifestyle changes that have stuck with you to the present day
No more than one coffee a day, no sugary drinks, eat little and often, plenty of water, reduced alcohol, and started to cook.

The secrets of your success with wellbeing
The programme was a key turning point and I feel healthier. Yes I may slip up on occasions (celebrating too much, a slice of cake etc..) but its all about moderation and awareness.

What advice that you received made the greatest impact on you?
The healthy eating advice

The biggest benefits of making your lifestyle changes?
Living longer I hope! Lost a lot of weight (25+kilos), have more energy for life  

Anything that got in the way of success with wellbeing
Diary challenges but I have a flexible approach to running sessions (as long as its 3 times a week)

When wellbeing is working for you, what are the key elements that make the difference?  
Running and improving my times, being able to exercise strenuously and wanting to do it again knowing that I need to pay attention to my diet if I am serious about improving. Being active feels better for both my family and myself. 

Read the previous instalment of our Inspiring Success Stories

Contact us to find out how we can help people in your organisation achieve fantastic wellness results.  info@the-tonic.com

Image by happy via Flickr

No comments: